Wednesday, December 24, 2008

STILL 10-8


This blog is for anyone interested in law enforcement, actively involved in law enforcement, family member or a friend of a law enforcement officer.
I have been working with law enforcement personnel for over 20 years, have a Masters in Educational Psychology and am currently involved with counseling officers and their families. My primary goal is to provide a place for officers and/or their families to air their feelings in a completely anonymous setting. You never have to identify yourself in this blog. If you want to talk to me, you can call me and we can arrange to give you an outlet for your feelings or, if the situation warrants, I can suggest additional help. My secondary goal is to give the public information which will help them better understand the field of law enforcement.
I have studied officers at every level (local, state and federal) and have spent over 4,000 hours riding patrol. I have been the state inspector of police academies and a Chief Instructor of a police academy. In addition I have worked in the public school system as a teacher, a counselor and an administrator. Let me hear from you. By the way officers, if you have had "one of those days" and you need a place to get it off your chest, this is the place. Dump it here and don't take your negative feelings home. I'm glad you got to go home after your shift, don't cut your family out of your life by trying to protect them from "cops" work. Tell me about the details and tell them about your feelings. They love you no matter what, they just want to know how to make life better for you. I am always 10-8. Mr. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment